The IWA Programme Committee is responsible for developing the technical programme of IWA’s biennial World Water Congresses. It meets periodically in accordance with the congress cycle to shape the programme, select papers and contribute to conference key-notes and workshops. It administers a peer review process to assure the highest quality for presentations and related publications.
In order to meet IWA’s ambition to further empower and integrate Young Water Professionals in its activities, the IWA Programme Committee will invite an additional 5 members that are aged 35 or under.
Who are we looking for?
The group of 5 selected Young Water Professionals will comprise of:
- 1 IWA Young Water Professional from Japan – the Host Country 2018 (for 2018 Congress)
- 1 IWA Young Water Professional from Denmark the Host Country 2020 – Denmark (who will stay on for 2 consecutive terms)
- 3 IWA Young Water Professionals representing other regions (for 2018 Congress)
To select the most suitable team of YWP members for the Programme Committee, a selection process based on the following criteria will be conducted:
- Previous active engagement in IWA (eg. organised event/ workshop, participated or organised activity for YWPs, contributed to IWA Programmes, sat on a scientific committee)
- Experience in at least one of the selected conference thematic tracks (http://worldwatercongress.org/thematic-tracks/)
- Previous conference organizing or scientific/technical committee experience (ie. do you have relevant experience, and where?)
- Motivation to learn and make an active contribution to the committee (i.e. why do you feel you are the right person to be on the programme committee and how would you actively contribute)
- Time input granted and ability to ensure they can travel (ie. how much time do you have to dedicate to the committee, and do you have approval for travel)
The role of the committee and expectations
Find attached the terms of reference for the YWPs on the committee, describing what, who, the criteria, the role, and what will be covered.
Apply by 27 June filling this form